Monday, December 16, 2013

Belated Finish

I actually finished this quilt quite a while ago... like just after Thanksgiving.

But then the Christmas rush started.

And then I became obsessed with knitting.

And then finals.

Excuses, excuses. I'm a bad blogger.

SO. Here she is, California Dreamin, in all her FMQ'ed glory.

Untitled



This is the first time I've edge-to-edge free-motioned a quilt this big. I have to say it turned out better than I expected!



The back is an amalgam of Denyse prints from Joanns (that middle yellow flower is such a fave of mine!), and some pearl bracelets. It took me ages to decide what to bind it with (a really long time... remember this?), I really wanted to do something colorful, but everything I tried competed with the top too much. So I just threw in some scraps from the leaves and used the dark gray pearl bracelets. I love how it turned out!



I know it's not a Christmas quilt by any stretch of the imagination, but it's currently on the couch, along with Good Morning Starshine. They're friends. :-)


Stats:
California Dreamin
60"x72"
Fabrics from stash - Denyse Schmidt, Juliana Horner, V & Co, Lizzy House among others
Pieced and quilted on my Bernina with Aurifil 2600

7 comments:

  1. you picked the right word saying here it is in all its glory as the first word that jumped into my head when I saw it was glorious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is really beautiful - and the leaf quilting is amazing. You did such a brilliant job on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on a fabulous finish! Have to agree.... you chose the perfect fabrics for the binding. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! Looks awesome...and you can never go wrong with Denyse, can you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a festive and seasonal quilt. Love it!
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt@yahoo.com
    ipatchandquilt.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Completely amazing! I love it!! Pearl bracelet binding FTW!

    ReplyDelete