Friday, October 19, 2012

It's been a while...

So clearly, it's been a while since I've been here. It's a long story, but I'll give you the abridged version:

Four days after I closed on my house, my mom was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. Needless to say, settling in and enjoying the house were the absolutely last priority for me. I even had some regrets about being "stuck" in Richmond. But I believe (or try to believe) that everything happens for a reason, and that the timing of my closing and my mom's diagnosis was meant to make sure that I stayed in RVA, instead of quitting my job and moving home as a gut reaction.

Less than three months later, my mom passed away rather suddenly. It's been a really hard year, needless to say. Some days are better than others, of course, but for a long time there it was a good day if I got out of bed.

I'm just now getting to that point where I am getting to be more functional. I've set up the sewing room, and I've started quilting again. I've actually finished several projects in the last week or so.

It's been the longest (and shortest) seven months of my life, and I know it will get easier one day, but I'll always feel like the biggest part of my life is missing.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Megan, I'm so sorry for your loss. I started reading your blog from the most recent posts, noticed you had just a few followers, and decided you'd just started blogging. Then I got to this post. I think losing one's mother is the hardest thing ever! Blessings to you.
    Nancy from joy for grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. It's been a rough year, but at least sewing makes me feel a little closer to her. Thanks for reading!

      Delete