Monday, December 12, 2011

I'm in!!!

So it's a done deal!!! The final walk through went great, and closing went beautifully. I'm officially a homeowner! After closing, I went back to the apartment to finish packing, and I actually ended up taking a little nap. I worked the night before closing, and had been pretty sleep deprived all week, trying to get ready. My sister came up later that night, and we ended up having a sleepover in the den of the new house :-)

Saturday morning was officially moving day, and after sleeping a little bit late, she and I went to pick up the truck, and headed back to the apt to start packing it up. The family came in from out of town to help move me, so I had a lot of help for the actual moving part. We packed everything into the truck (in ONE trip!!) and still had room to go pick up the china cabinet I bought a couple days ago. When we got to the house, we took a champagne break before we started unloading. :-)

So without further ado, here are the pictures I took at walk-through!



The front door opens to the entryway. The stairs go up to the bedrooms and down to the den -



Here is the living room, with the flippin awesome gas fireplace - 



The living room leads to the dining room with french doors to the sunroom, and the kitchen on the right -



The kitchen -



The basement den, which has a hearth and a flu, but no woodstove. It's on my wishlist!



The master bedroom. It's pink -



VERY pink. That might be the first thing to change -



The second bedroom is begging to be turned into the sewing room -



The third bedroom is the perfect size for a guest room/office -



The front door knocker reminds me of Aslan, from Chronicles of Narnia. He's got my back. :-)


Thanks for coming by!

No comments:

Post a Comment