Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Skill Builder BOM - April blocks finished!

Yay! These blocks are done! I was SURE that they were going to take forever, but they actually came together pretty quickly (for handwork). I love how they turned out!

The first block - the hexies - came together just like I expected, and I really like how the prints have a color progression. With my color scheme, I wasn't sure how I was  going to be able to represent that, but I found these prints and I think they work perfectly.

Skill Builder BOM - April blocks



THIS block - oh, this block... The piecing was a little iffy, because these are weird shapes that I haven't done before, and those middle ones are teeny tiny. I actually sat down and pieced this one in one day, because I was just determined. I think part of it was that I was worried if I put it aside, I would forget how I had arranged the colors... I like the little sliver of purple in the middle.


Skill Builder BOM - April blocks




Here are all the blocks I've done so far! I still need to put borders on most of them, and I'm definitely behind with the quilting, but at least they're up there!



Skill Builder BOM - April blocks

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful blocks! And such a great colour scheme. I love them all but am especially fond of the two new ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These last two have been my favorite so far, too!

      Delete
  2. These are so fancy! I love the hexie block!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! cool! These are pretty great. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That round cut pieced block is stunning!! Love seeing this come together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blocks! Love the colours!
    How are you stitching them?? whip stitch?, ladder? some sort of magical disappearing stitch?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm using a plain whip stitch. Mindless hand sewing at it's best!

      Delete
  6. Megan, I love these blocks. I love the fabrics you've chosen from the cuzco line! The hexies are awesome. I can't wait to see all of this together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cuzco is a favorite of mine! I'm doing another quilt out of Honey Honey by Kate Spain too, and a scrappy tripalong out of Good Fortune. I love her stuff!

      Delete