Wednesday, September 25, 2013

I had a couple days off work...

It's amazing what you can accomplish with a little "free" time.

In the midst of my fabric-buying frenzy, I stopped by my LQS and grabbed some Acacia charm packs! I also fell in LOVE with the new Kona Silver, which is now my favorite gray fabric of all time. I didn't know what to do with it all, but once I figured it out (inspired by these photos on flickr), I chopped the charms all up and threw them onto the design wall.

I thought this was going to be a pretty quick project, but as usual, it isn't content to remain the way I originally intended. So it's got to evolve some before I can finish piecing it. I'll keep you updated!

Untitled

26 comments:

  1. Your design wall is looking fabulous! Can't wait to see how your project turned out. You've piqued my curiosity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. So bright and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely! and very striking with the light grey contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. fantastic! I like this line with Kona silver.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous. I need to check out Kona Silver, it looks fab.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! And I will have to check out silver. I need a gray for my daughters new quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE this color. Also Moda's Zen Gray is a favorite!

      Delete
  7. Acacia is such fun fabric! Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoa! Awesome! I swear, I must work slower than everyone in the whole world. I'm pretty positive I couldn't this much done in a day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I promise it wasn't one day! And to be honest, I haven't even been in the sewing room for the last four days, so it still looks exactly the same...

      Delete
  9. love triangles they seem to have so much more life to me than squares, such a lot achieved in just one day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely way to use those fabrics! The layout is so striking!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love, love, LOVE it! I wish quilting could be my day job. I think that all the time when I have to be off work and get a little extra sewing time in.

    Thank you so much for linking up with Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful, the colours and fabrics are so lovely especially the Tula racoons!

    ReplyDelete
  13. BEAUTIFUL use of that fabric! I wish I were so productive in just a few days! :)

    ReplyDelete