Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Sisters Ten BOM - August Blocks

Happy Labor Day to everyone in the US! I hope everyone had a great long weekend, and that it hasn't been too hard to get back into the swing of things...

I took the day off to do a little fun sewing, of course. I'm between "big" projects right now, having just finished From This Valley. So I took the opportunity to catch up on one of my BOMs. (I'm several months behind my Skill Builder BOM, so I might have to devote a whole weekend to catching up there!)

Here are the two blocks I made for August -

Sisters Ten BOM - August Blocks

Sisters Ten BOM - August Blocks


And here are all of the blocks together so far!

Sisters Ten BOM - August Blocks

17 comments:

  1. Love the skill builder block. That is going to be such a lovely colourful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These blocks are great together. Love the design wall. I am playing catch up as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh, it's looking great! all those warm colors against the cool grey. great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the brights on grey! soooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the yellows in the two blocks you did. Who designed the yellow fabric in the second one? Can't wait to see it all finished!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The bright yellow is called haystacks, I think, I'm not sure of the designer. The lighter one is from Arcitextures, by Carolyn Friedlander. Sorry it took me so long to respond!

      Delete
  6. great fabrics in these blocks and good to see all the blocks together looks like it will soon be complete

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks lovely! Sometimes I think skill builder quilts look a bit disconnected, but I love the way your blocks are working together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The blocks look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Megan! I love these blocks. Also, thanks for commenting on my Happy Go Lucky Churn Dash. I wanted to let you know that you're showing up as a no-reply blogger today.

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you linked up with Needle and Thread Thursday, Megan! I really love the colors you've chosen with the grays!

      :) Kelly

      Delete
  10. I'm really into gray with brights right now so I love the color choices you made! I think it's going to be a really great looking sampler :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! This is going to be such a great sampler! Your color choices are beautiful and the blocks work together really well.

    ReplyDelete