One of the new things that I've tried lately is switching some things up with my pressing. I'm a tried and true to-the-side presser, but with the Skill Builder BOM this past week I tried pressing seams open. I've done it before, but not with a lot of success. Burned fingers, taking twice as long, etc. And pressing is one thing about quilting that I'm less than enthusiastic about, so I've always tried to just get it done as quickly as possible.
So pressing seams open was not something that I was excited about. By alas, I actually surprised myself. It was kinda fun, I didn't burn myself (yet), and it really didn't take as long as I thought. And the seams are so pretty!
Here are some comparisons of a block I did a couple weeks ago (seams pressed to the side), and one this past week (seams open). So pretty!!