Thursday, November 29, 2012

What I did last night

I've said before that I do most of my quilting at night, so that explains the crusty-bad-lighting pictures. I apologize!

Last night I was working on several things, and actually made pretty good progress on two projects, and finished a third! Woot woot!

First, I finished quilting the top of the blue quilt. I'm going to wait to show it to you until it's finished, because the quilting of this one is going to tell a lot of the "story" of the quilt. But here is a teaser of some of the scraps. ;-)



I also started quilting my Grandfather's quilt - the red and gray one. It is VERY different machine quilting a "real" sized quilt than it is working on a small sandwich or something. It's going to take some figuring, especially with my current setup. I'll save that for another post. It's a good start though.



After my shoulders had had too much of sitting at the machine, I hand stitched the binding on the yellow sampler. Which didn't get finished over Thanksgiving (big surprise...) so that one is officially done!



Yay for productivity!






11 comments:

  1. Your FMQlooks good. Yup, big quilts are harder, but they can still be done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live it so far! It's going to be amazing when it's finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the FMQ too! I am too scared to try anything large in my machine- I can barely do straight line. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopping over from WIP. I love the fresh modern look of your quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, working on big quilts *does* get to the shoulders, eh? Your work is FABULOUS, though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the finish and progress! Always feels so good. I love that grey and red, good luck with the quilting. I have a larger quilt that will be ready to be quilted soon and I'm dreading it too! I love the quilting but the big size is such a pain!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! wish you were here...I could use your teachings. I adore the work you shared

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Granfathers quilt looks awesome, and the FMQ is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the quilting in both projects! and the red and grey quilt, I love the simplicity of the block but so stunning.

    ReplyDelete