Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Happy Handwork

Thanks so much for all the feedback about my unhappy quilting. I'm really liking the idea of leaving those two blocks in there as is and using a matching thread for the background for the rest. Ryan Gosling agrees.



Ok, anyways... Last week I took a class at my LQS called Big Stitch quilting. I've seen so much of this stitching, but I've been doing traditional quilting for so many years that I was unsure of how to do stitches like this. I've had teeeny tiiiny quilting stitches ingrained into my head, so I knew I might need some guidance.

Please ignore the bright red basting stitches!



I'm still trying to decide what I'm going to do with my class sample, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be a wall hanging. Eventually. It is handwork, after all...



No comments:

Post a Comment