Friday, March 1, 2013

Almost done!

I finished quilting my xplusalong, Sunshine Daydream! I'm so stoked to get this quilt on my bed!

I did some simple straight line quilting along the x's and the plus's, and I really like how the intersections of the quilting mimic the block pattern. I did two lines in the vertical and horizontal sections (the pluses) and just one center line of quilting on the diagonals (the x's). I wanted to do double lines on the diagonals at first, but found that that created at hot mess of chaos at the intersections in the middle of each block. I like how it's turned out!

On to binding!





4 comments:

  1. Awesome! You work much quicker than me. I've only ever stuck with and finished one quilt all the way thru without starting a new project! I have 4 I'm in the midst of quilting now.
    It looks really good. Can hardly wait to see what you do for binding...scrappy? Solid? A high contrast color?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. C'mon, you know I have like 5 other projects in the works! And another that I've just bought fabric for that I haven't started yet. I put the binding on today, so once it's hand sewn to the back I'll post pictures. I really like it ;-)

      Delete
  2. Gosh! this is such a beautiful quilt--that pattern is on my list for this year....I like your colors a lot!! Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much! this was a fun pattern to make, I think you'll like it!

      Delete