Believe it or not, after almost 10 years of sewing, I have never sewn a zipper. They scare me. Also, my old machine didn't have a zipper foot. And was too old for me to put forth the effort of finding one. I've made a few bags before, but all of the drawstring persuasion.
Well, while I was at my LQS for my latest class, I decided I needed to grow a pair and just do it. I've been oogling Noodlehead's Open Wide Pouches forever (in my head I call them Noodlepouches, lol), so while I was there I picked up some more Luxe in Bloom, some interfacing, and the dreaded zipper.
And I went for it.
I used a heavier interfacing than Anna uses in her tutorial, because I like my bags to have a little body. It was also my first time using interfacing, and I think I'm hooked. The bag got a little crunched when I was turning it right side out, but I think that will press out fine.
The light is coming through the inside of the bag, making it look much pinker than in real life!
I used the spool of Aurifil from Sunshine Daydream to put it together and to topstitch around the outside of the opening, and it matches perfectly!
I boxed the corners and everything. I'm such a professional. (i wish!)
I'm using it to store my perle cotton from my new handwork project! I'm so stoked to make a few more of these!!